Friday, December 26, 2008

Just Because It Is Doesn't Mean It Should Be

Some people never get why we need reasons to justify ourselves. They maintain that the causes do not matter since the world only focus its eyes on the results, so we may as well keep our mouths shut and clam up.

But really? Is that the way how things work? To be honest, I do hate explanations, especially when I have done something wrong and got unspeakable embarrassment burning inside. Nevertheless, reasons are much different from lame excuses or pointless cop-outs that one concocts to pin guilt on others. They are required if we want to straighten the messed-up situations out and compensate for those who we care about but somehow hurt.

I have a pal who had always argued he needed no reasons from me but later it proved he was only talking the talk. Whenever I was busy and couldn't make time to keep him posted, he'd be sulky and threatened an end of our friendship. I finally figured it out that I'd better give him an entire laundry list of the reasons for my IRRESPONSIBLE absence before he turned his back on me forever. And I succeeded, after the nerve-breaking effort I payed in explaining. I kept my mouth running for a full hour until he was altogether convinced and decided to grant me my immunity.

Ay! How come someone never practises what he preaches!

Maybe the REASON is "well-put explanations" are the safety net we weave to protect ourselves and prevent our beloved ones from poorly-informed misunderstanding. Although it's certainly no use crying over spilt milk but we still have every right to be told how the bowl got upset. In most cases, people need to understand what's going on before they come to terms with it.

No one would willingly accept something ugly unless there is a reason. Simply human beings' instinct.

It reminds me of some logic fallacy that concerns the misuse of facts——Just because it is doesn't mean it should be. So we have to make ourselves conscious of what makes the bad things happen and then come up with a solution to avoid it.

Next time you make me mad, don't panic, just stay patient and explain. You have my words that I, as long as the reason stands, will not throw a fit but understand.

Yes, I can't live without mood-repairing explanations and admit it or not, you guys need them too...

0 comments: